Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Palouse Websites Can Be Tantalizing and Educational

The websites of many Palouse organizations and entities contain links to information useful to area residents. However, when websites are not kept current, you're bound to find dead links among the good ones.

Rockfordblogspot is a good example. Two of the three links to aging, posted in 2006, work: National Institute on Aging, and Administration on Aging.

Agriculture links still valid include: The US Department of Agriculture, and Department of Agriculture, Cooperative State Research, Education, and Extension Service. However, the link for Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency returns an error message, but you'll find it  here .

General Adult Education included links to the following: Administration of Children and Families, and Corporation For National and Community Service.  The Corporation for National and Community Service engages Americans of all ages and backgrounds in service to help strengthen communities. Also sponsors AmeriCorps, Senior Corps, and Learn and Serve America. Provides information on jobs, internships, and fellowships.

Federal Citizen Information Center, Consumer Products Information Catalog Check the Federal Programs link for on-line brochures and other information on Medicare and Social Security which may be of benefit to individuals.

The link to Horizons Washington Grant Information  leads to a broad spectrum of useful links. The Health links provide good information, too.

The website's Kid link enticed me to scroll again, and I'm glad I did.  Kids.Gov  was worthwhile.

Although I'm an avid history buff, my time is limited, and I freely admit I'm an impatient researcher. Annoyed by having to scroll past the large historical picture to continue exploring links, and finding far too many dead links, I gave up and ended my exploration with this wonderful "Kids" link, Smithsonian For Kids .

Nonetheless, I'm still an avid visitor to the Palouse region's websites and as time permits, I'll gladly highlight them here.







No comments:

Post a Comment